In 1992, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) developed the Energy Star Rating Label as a program set out to distinguish and promote energy-efficient products in hopes of reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Since then, Energy Star and its affiliate partnerships have helped American families, homeowners, and businesses save over 450 billion dollars. The program has also lowered pollutant emissions across the board while saving 3.5 trillion kilowatt-hours of electricity being used.
90% of all Americans recognize the Energy Star symbol and it is widely considered one of the most established and accepted consumer symbols and standards in the US.
Moreover, since its conception, over 5.8 billion products with the Energy Star Rating symbol have been sold to American consumers. It goes without saying that Energy Star branded products are trusted by the American consumer.
What does ENERGY STAR rated mean?
For a product to be ENERGY STAR rated, it must contribute significant energy savings nationwide.
The EPA deems manufactures, brands, and products worthy of the Energy Star by the following criteria:
- Product categories must contribute significant energy savings nationwide.
- Certified products must deliver the features and performance demanded by consumers, in addition to increased energy efficiency.
- If the certified product costs more than a conventional, less-efficient counterpart, purchasers will recover their investment in increased energy efficiency through utility bill savings, within a reasonable period of time.
- Energy efficiency can be achieved through broadly available, non-proprietary technologies offered by more than one manufacturer.
- Product energy consumption and performance can be measured and verified with testing.
- Labeling would effectively differentiate products and be visible for purchasers.
The Energy Star program has also documented their success by the numbers for those who want to dive a bit deeper.
Velux Energy Star Certified Skylights
Here at Atlanta Skylight, we sell and install Velux Energy Star skylights for your home or business. Velux skylights come in a variety of models with features including solar-powered blinds, remote controls, “fresh air” openings, plus a “no-leak promise” on all models and units.
All of our products at Atlanta Skylights are Energy Star rated and certified, which keeps the cost of your utilities down while allowing beautiful light and fresh air to enter your home or office space.
Energy Star Rated Skylight Advantages
Skylights offer many benefits for your home or commercial space while providing beautiful and environmentally friendly natural light. Energy Star rated skylights will help cut down on utility costs, save on electricity, heating & air, and the emissions caused by those units. Skylights also open up the feel and look of any room and will add value to your property for resale purposes.
Skylight Installation and Repair in Atlanta, Ga
At Atlanta Skylights, we pride ourselves on being project base contractors for all the skylight installation and repair work we do. We even offer a written warranty on all of our work. Why go beyond what most other skylight contractors do? It’s simple; we want you to feel comfortable and have peace of mind with your skylight installation or repair project. Rest assured, your home is in good hands with Atlanta Skylights and call (678) 896-1082 or contact us today for a free estimate!